Recipe type: Entree
Falafel is an Israeli food recipe for a sandwich.
- 110oz package falafel mix
- 1¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ½ green pepper, chopped
- ¼ small head lettuce, chopped
- 4 pita breads
- 4 tbsp tahini sauce
- Prepare falafel mix according to package directions. Roll into small balls about the size of walnuts.
- In a deep skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot. Carefully place balls of falafel into oil, a few at a time, and fry 3 to 5 minutes until golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine tomato, cucumber, green pepper and lettuce.
- Cut each piece of pita bread in half. Into the pocket of each pita, put 3 falafel balls and 2 to 3 tbsp salad mixture. Dribble 1 tbsp tahini into each. Serve immediately.